Custom cycling holidays in the French Alps
Use the word 'Custom' or 'Bespoke' for a cycling trip and your thoughts may immediately think that it sounds expensive. That doesn't need to be the case.
There are many operators of cycling holidays in the French Alps offering varying degrees of accomodation to cater to everyones budget, however when we started to use the phrase 'Custom Cycling trips in the French Alps', or 'Bespoke cycling trips in the French Alps', then the immediate reaction seemed to be that it sounds expensive. Breaking news......it doesn't have to add to the cost!
From our perspective at BreatheBike, a custom or bespoke trip tends to be 'tweaking' one of our scheduled trips and tailoring the dates and cycling routes to the ability of the group.
For example, you may see one of our scheduled trips such as the 'Epic Cols in 3 countries'. You have a group of riders who are fixed on specific dates. The ability in the group is similar however the general age of rider, or fitness level is such that the full itinerary of the trip may sound too much to ride each day. The trip may need lengthening, or shortening to meet the group needs. You may have a list of Cols you wish to 'bag'. Talk to us. We will discuss the trip with you in detail and aim to fit into our schedule to suit your dates. You would have our exclusive attention for the trip and the rides would be altered to accomodate the general ability within the group.
That's not to say we can help with trips of all budgets.
We provide customised trips in the French, Swiss and Italian Alps and the Mont Ventoux region, Provence; tailor made to your Group's abilities, dates and vacation time available.
Since 2008 we have welcomed Clubs, Groups of Friends and Corporate events.
- Region - we focus on the French Alps and the Mt Ventoux region
- Routes, distances and metres to be climbed - first timers to the French Alps or seasoned mountain goat cyclists
- Length of the trip - Short of time? We can offer a trip from 2 or 3 days ideally close to Geneva airport, or longer trips to conquor Geneva to Nice for example
- Accomodation type - we can organise simple apartment accomodation to 4* and 5* luxury
- Events - we can include events from our local cyclosportives in Morzine and Megeve, to the Marmotte and Etape du Tour
- A short stay focusing on such classic climbs as the Madeleine, Glandon, Croix de Fer, Galibier and Alpe D'Huez
- The classic Geneva to Nice dipping your wheels in Lake Geneva and the Mediterranean
- The Tour du Mont Blanc in a relaxed 4 days, or an energetic 2 days - 3 countries, 7 Cols, 9000M of ascent, 330km - an amazing circuit of Western Europes highest mountain Mont Blanc (4810M)
- Ride the Alps of 3 countries - possible in a 3 day short break or combined into a longer visit
Whetted your appetite? Please contact us or call us from to talk through your custom trip