Etape du Tour Cyclosportive (Gran Fondo)
The Etape du Tour is Sunday 7th July 2013 and we have cycled the course!
The Etape du Tour 2013 has now been confirmed as Sunday 7th July and centred from Annecy. Every keen cyclosportive rider should do the Etape at least once in their cycling career and with only one Etape this year, demand is expected to be very high.
Our Etape du Tour weekend is designed to minimise the stress of Etape planning and logistics to enable you to 'enjoy' the big day following your months of training. The weekend is based from the luxury of our Chamonix Chalet where we cater to cyclists needs and breakfast will be much more than a coffee and a soggy croissant!
The 2013 Etape is 130km long with approximately 3000M of climbing. Click here for the profile.
We cycled the course in mid November and here's our thoughts.
- Arrive Friday 5th July flights (aim to organise your flight to land around 11.00)
- Transfer for the short drive to Annecy for Etape sign on, and afternoon at Etape expo village and onto Chalet Annabelle for bike building (professional help available) and dinner
- Saturday 6th July short acclimatisation and shake down ride following breakfast. Returning to the Chalet for afternoon cakes and pasta. Dinner will be served at 19.00
- Sunday 7th July early start with an Etape breakfast, and drive to Annecy for the start of the Etape du Tour
- Rendez-vous post Etape and return to Chamonix for celebratory barbeque and drinks
- Monday 8th July transfer to Geneva Airport for flights departing around 12.00
- All ground transfers to and from Geneva International Airport, Annecy etc
- 3 nights accommodation on a twin/triple share basis
- 3 nights meals with wine on a half board basis at a luxury Chamonix Valley Chalet.
- Etape experienced cycling hosts
- Lots of encouragement, ride recovery in the Hot Tub and amazing food back at the Chalet
Tour starts and finishes at Geneva airport
What's not included;
- Flights to and from Geneva Airport
- Etape du Tour Entry
Price €699 per person on a shared room basis. Single rooms may be available - please enquire. This price is approximately US$900, GBP£560, AUD875
Entries for the Etape du Tour opened on 28th November 2012. We cannot organise entries for you and you can visit the Etape website by clicking here
Have some questions? Please click here to drop us an email or call us
UK 0161 408 5600
USA +1 (347) 474-7995
calls divert at no additional charge to you
Owner Mike has ridden the Etape course for next year and the last 2 Etape's together with many other cyclosportives (Grand Fondo) in the French Alps and is happy to answer any questions.
Wish to book? Click here