Fitness. Am I fit enough?
- Our rides are aimed at regular cyclists and the days vary in difficulty. We recommend that your group are not too concerned about the distance (averaging out at 60 to 100KM per day), however aim for group members to be able to climb 1500m to 3000M per day and spend up to approx. 5 hours in the saddle. The support vehicle should be considered more a source of replenishment and 'sag' wagon if you are having an off day. The bike is an amazing machine and the correct gearing is critical. We have written this article that may answer more questions If you are in any doubt about your fitness or have any medical issues that may affect you cycling in the Alps please contact us
Gearing. What cassette should I use?
- Most guests use a compact or semi-compact chainset. Please click here to access much more information on gearing
What kit do I need?
- We've created this list to help you with your packing
- Geneva airport is just one hour from our Chamonix base and airport transfers are included in your trip (unless you arrive outside the trip start or depart after the trip end)
Non cycling guests?
- Chamonix is ideal for non cycling guests - please visit this page and contact us by email to discuss further
What insurance do I need?
- Insurance is compulsory for our trips, and must cover cycling In addition to health insurance we also recommend you insure your bike. You may wish to obtain a quote from Cycloinsure Please provide use with your insurance policy numbers and emergency contact details prior to your arrival. Bike insurance is also your responsibility.
Southern Bike Box Hire - ideally situated in Portsmouth and hirer of the ever popular Bike Box Alan. Quote Breathe Bike when booking to receive a 10% discount
Bike Box Alan - based in Rotherham, sales and hire
Cyclosure personal and bike insurance