Fitness. Am I fit enough?
- Our rides are aimed at regular cyclists and the days vary in difficulty. We recommend that you are not too concerned about the distance (averaging out at 60 to 100KM per day), however you must be confident that you can climb around 2000M to 3000M per day and spend up to approx. 5 hours in the saddle. The support vehicle should be considered more a source of replenishment and not relied on for transport. The bike is an amazing machine and the correct gearing is critical. If you are in any doubt about your fitness or have any medical issues that may affect you cycling in the Alps please contact us
Gearing. What cassette should I use?
- Most guests use a compact or triple chainset. If using a compact we recommend a rear cassette of 28 or even 30
What kit do I need?
- We've created this list to help you with your packing
- Geneva airport is just one hour from our Chamonix base and airport transfers are included in your trip (unless you arrive outside the trip start or depart after the trip end)
Non cycling guests?
- Chamonix is ideal for non cycling guests - please visit this page and contact us by email to discuss further
What insurance do I need?
- Insurance is compulsory for our trips, and must cover cycling In addition to health insurance we also recommend you insure your bike. You may wish to obtain a quote from Cycloinsure Please provide use with your insurance policy numbers and emergency contact details prior to your arrival. Bike insurance is also your responsibility.
Southern Bike Box Hire - ideally situated in Portsmouth and hirer of the ever popular Bike Box Alan. Quote Breathe Bike when booking to receive a 10% discount
Bike Box Alan - based in Rotherham, sales and hire
Cyclosure personal and bike insurance