Ride the Cols, watch the Tour de France
Tour de France 2017 once again see the race traversing the Alps in the final week. This trip is aimed at riders wanting to focus predominantly on their own riding of the Cols of the Tour and we will spend one day watching the Tour on the mighty Telegraphe and Galibier. Ride ability - keen, motivated and experienced cyclists able to climb around 2000M to 3000M per day
Join us for an epic stay in the heart of the French Alps, Chamonix Mont Blanc on our Ride the Cols, watch the Tour de France 2017 Alps vacation package. On your visit you will ride many classic cols of the Tour de France in the Mont Blanc region including the Joux Plane, Colombiere, Aravis, and Ramaz. We will be watching one stage of the Tour de France 2017.
- Saturday 15th July Morning arrival at Geneva International Airport and short transfer to our luxury chalet in the Chamonix Valley
- Sunday 16h July Riding from the Chalet we will roll out of the Chamonix Valley and take in some local Cols (used in TdF 2016) including the Cote du Domancy and the climb to St Gervais Bettex riding back to the Chalet
- Monday 17th July Ride your own Etape du Tour! We will retrace the route of the 2016 Etape du Tour from Megeve to Morzine - we take in the Col des Aravis, Col de la Colombiere and the Col de la Joux Plane. With a strong group of riders we will also include the Col de la Ramaz
- Tuesday 18th July riding from the Chalet to the now iconic Emosson Dam. From our Chamonix base over the border to Switzerland and Martigny, then retracing our steps to ride two Hors Catergorie climbs of stage 17 2016 Tour de France to the summit of Emosson Dam
- Wednesday 19th July Tour Day. Early start from Chamonix we will drive to the foot of the Col de la Telegraphe where you can ride to your vantage point either on the Telegraph or the Galibier, the highest point of the 2017 race.
- Thursday 20th July Day off to explore Chamonix
- Friday 21th July Riding from Chamonix we will roll out of the Chamonix Valley and target the 2009 TdF climb of the Col de Romme returning to the Chalet to pack for tomorrows departure
- Saturday 22nd July Transfer to Geneva for departure
Our rides we will be climbing 2500M to 3800M each day and riding around 100km to 140km. On the Tour day there should be time to summit both the Telegraphe and the Galibier before settling in to watch the Tour de France action.
Our rides are fully supported with our van for those that may need a lift up the final climb!
- Transfers to and from Geneva International Airport
- 7 nights accommodation on a twin/triple share basis
- Daily hearty breakfast, to include porridge and cooked option
- Picnic Lunch on Non-Tour days
- Afternoon refreshments, pasta & or rice salads
- 6 nights meals with wine on a half board basis at Chalet Annabelle. One night free to explore Chamonix
- Full Vehicle road support with experienced cycling host
- Optional on-bike guide (for group bookings)*
- Optional pro-bike mechanic support (for group bookings)*
- Lots of encouragement on the road, ride recovery in the Hot Tub and amazing food back at the Chalet
This trip starts and finishes at Geneva airport
What's not included;
- Flights to and from Geneva Airport
- Bike hire
Rider Feedback - click here
Am I fit enough? What gearing should we use? We have written a series of articles that may help you in planning your cycling trip in the French Alps and these can be accessed by clicking here
Tariff: from €1400 per person. (Approx GBP1170, AUD2000, USD1500)
*on-bike guide and pro-bike mechanic support at additional cost
This trip sells out very quickly. To book your place(s) we will request a 20% deposit with the remainder due 10 weeks prior to the trip starting.
Click here to book.
Have some questions? Contact Mike here email.
France +33 450 585672
UK 0161 408 5600
You can also follow us on Facebook for our latest information and news.