Alps Stages of the Tour de France 2018
Tour de France 2018; Riding the Cols, watch the Tour de France - this trip is aimed at keen, motivated and experienced cyclists who wish to watch the Tour de France action close up, and take on the challenge of riding the Tour de France Cols
The Tour de France 2018 Alps Stages; Join us for an epic stay in the heart of the French Alps, Chamonix Mont Blanc on our Tour de France Experience 2018 alps stages vacation package. On your visit you will ride some classic cols of the Tour de France including the Joux Plane, Colombiere, Aravis, and Ramaz and visit Italy taking on the Colle San Carlos and Petit St Bernard. We will be watching (TBC) two or three stages of the Tour de France 2018. FOR GROUP BOOKINGS THE SCHEDULE CAN BE TAILORED TO YOUR GOALS.
Your stay will be at a 3*/4* Chalet in the amazing Chamonix Valley. Chamonix is the Alpine capital under the shadow of Western Europe's highest mountain, Mont-Blanc (4809M).
- Saturday 14th July lunch time/early afternoon arrival at Geneva International Airport (you may wish to arrive Friday and stay locally in Geneva Airport area). One hour transfer to our 3*/4* chalet in the Chamonix Valley
- Sunday 15th July outline ride plan - we will take a circuitous loop from Chamonix taking in the Col de la Ramaz and the Col de Joux Plane
- Monday 16th July outline ride plan - we will ride to Switzerland and retrace the 2016 Tour de France stage route from Martigny over the hors catergorie Col de la Forclaz and on to the now famous climb of Emosson Dam
- Tuesday 17th July Ride from our Chamonix base to watch the stage Annecy to Les Grand Bornand taking in part of the race route on the way to watch the action
- Wednesday 18th July Bella Italia! Transfer through the Mont Blanc tunnel and ride the Colle San Carlos and Petit St Bernard used in the Giro D'Italia and the Tour de France. Watch the culmination of the stage Albertville to La Rosiere
- Thursday 19th July early start for the transfer to watch the Alpe D'Huez or Lacets de Mont Vernier, evening return to Chamonix
- Friday 20th July leisurely start with a local ride on Cols used in the 2016 Tour de France - Cote du Domancy, Bettex stage finish. Also option to depart today.
- Saturday 21st July Transfer to Geneva for departures from lunch time onwards
On non-Tour de France days we will be climbing 2500M to 3500M each day and riding around 100km to 140km. On Tour days we will be including a ride to the race and may include roads used on the course, before settling in to watch the Tour de France action.
On non-Tour days we will have van support for those that may need a lift up the final climb.
On all our van transfers you can relax in the knowledge that we are fully licensed and insured to transfer you.
- Transfers to and from Geneva International Airport
- 7 nights accommodation on a twin/triple share basis
- Daily hearty breakfast, to include porridge and cooked option
- Picnic Lunch on Non-Tour days
- Afternoon refreshments, pasta & or rice salads
- 6 nights meals with wine on a half board basis. One night free to explore Chamonix
- Full Vehicle road support with experienced cycling host
- On-bike host
- Lots of encouragement on the road, ride recovery in the Hot Tub and amazing food back at the Chalet
This trip starts and finishes at Geneva airport
What's not included;
- Flights to and from Geneva Airport
- Bike hire
Rider Feedback - click here
Am I fit enough? What gearing should we use? We have written a series of articles that may help you in planning your cycling trip in the French Alps and these can be accessed by clicking here
Tariff: from €2200 per person. (Approx GBP1950, AUD3350, USD2600)
This trip sells out very quickly. To book your place(s) we will request a 30% non-refundable deposit with the remainder due 10 weeks prior to the trip starting.
Click here to book.
Have some questions? Contact Mike here email.
France +33 450 585672
UK 0161 408 5600
You can also follow us on Facebook for our latest information and news.
Tour de France Alps stages from Chamonix