Alps Stages of the Tour de France 2018
Tour de France 2018. Click here to email us for priority registration of interest
Tour de France 2017 Jura Alps stages and riding the Cols of the Tour de France - this trip is aimed at keen, motivated and experienced cyclists who wish to watch the Tour de France action, and then challenge themselves on the Cols of the Tour de France.
The Tour de France 2017 Jura Alps Stages; Join us for an epic stay in the heart of the French Alps, Chamonix Mont Blanc on our Tour de France 2017 Jura Alp Stages vacation package. On your visit you will ride some classic cols of the Tour de France including the Joux Plane, Colombiere, Aravis, and Ramaz. We will be watching two stages of the Tour de France 2017.
Your stay will be at a luxury Chalet in the amazing Chamonix Valley. Chamonix is THE Alpine capital under the shadow of Europes highest mountain, Mont-Blanc (4807M).
- Saturday 8th July Morning arrival at Geneva International Airport (you may wish to arrive Friday and stay locally in Geneva Airport area). We will be heading straight from the airport to watch the finish of the Tour de France stage at nearby Station des Rousses After the finish we will transfer to our luxury chalet in the Chamonix Valley
- Sunday 9th July we will drive to the Col de la Grande Colombiere where you can ride the climb before finding a spot to watch the Action of the Tour de France stage from Nantua to Chambery
- Monday 10th July It's time for you to take on some of the Cols made famous by the Tour de France. We will be riding approx. 100KM, 2500M of climbing in the Mont Blanc Region
- Tuesday 11th July Ride from our Chamonix base to Switzerland and then retrace our steps to ride either the last one, or two (your choice) Hors Catergorie climbs of stage 17 2016 Tour de France to the summit of Emosson Dam
- Wednesday 12th July Day off to explore Chamonix
- Thursday 13th July Ride your own Etape du Tour! We will retrace the route of the 2016 Etape du Tour from Megeve to Morzine - we take in the Col des Aravis, Col de la Colombiere and the Col de la Joux Plane. With a strong group of riders we will also include the Col de la Ramaz
- Friday 14th July Riding from Chamonix we will roll out of the Chamonix Valley and take in some local Cols including the Cote du Domancy and the climb to ST Gervais Bettex before returning to the Chalet to pack for tomorrows departure
- Saturday 15th July Transfer to Geneva for departure
On Non-Tour de France days we will be climbing 2500M to 3800M each day and riding around 100km to 140km. On Tour days we will be including a ride to the race and may include roads used on the course, before settling in to watch the Tour de France action.
On non-Tour days we will have van support for those that may need a lift up the final climb!
- Transfers to and from Geneva International Airport
- 7 nights accommodation on a twin/triple share basis
- Daily hearty breakfast, to include porridge and cooked option
- Picnic Lunch on Non-Tour days
- Afternoon refreshments, pasta & or rice salads
- 6 nights meals with wine on a half board basis at Chalet Annabelle. One night free to explore Chamonix
- Full Vehicle road support with experienced cycling host
- Optional on-bike guide (for group bookings)*
- Optional pro-bike mechanic support (for group bookings)*
- Lots of encouragement on the road, ride recovery in the Hot Tub and amazing food back at the Chalet
This trip starts and finishes at Geneva airport
What's not included;
- Flights to and from Geneva Airport
- Bike hire
Rider Feedback - click here
Am I fit enough? What gearing should we use? We have written a series of articles that may help you in planning your cycling trip in the French Alps and these can be accessed by clicking here
Tariff: from €1400 per person. (Approx GBP1170, AUD2000, USD1500)
*on-bike guide and pro-bike mechanic support at additional cost
This trip sells out very quickly. To book your place(s) we will request a 20% deposit with the remainder due 10 weeks prior to the trip starting.
Click here to book.
Have some questions? Contact Mike here email.
France +33 450 585672
UK 0161 408 5600
You can also follow us on Facebook for our latest information and news.
Tour de France Alps stages from Chamonix