Alps Stages of the Tour de France 2019
Tour de France 2019; Ride the Cols, watch the Tour de France - aimed at keen, motivated and experienced cyclists who wish to watch the Tour de France action close up. On non Tour days our rides will include approx 2500m of climbing and Tour days will feature a ride prior to settling in to watch the action.
Ability: Strong riders, able to climb around 700m average per hour
The Tour de France 2019 Alps Stages; Join us for an epic stay in the heart of the French Alps, Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley on our Tour de France Experience 2019 alps stages vacation package. On your visit you will ride some classic cols of the Tour de France including the Joux Plane, Colombiere, Aravis, and Ramaz and last years gravel on the Plateau des Glieres. We will also visit Italy taking on the Petit St Bernard and will be watching two stages of the Tour de France 2019
Your stay will be at a luxury chalet in the amazing Chamonix Valley. Chamonix is the Alpine capital under the shadow of Western Europe's highest mountain, Mont-Blanc (4809M).
Outline Schedule subject to confirmation
- Sunday 21st July - Meet GVA airport flights for transfer to Chamonix. Build bikes, settle into our luxury Chalet
- Monday 22nd July - from Chamonix - take in Solaison climb (Criterium Dauphine finish 2016), and the Col des Glieres (TdF 2018 gravel road)
- Tuesday 23rd July - from Chamonix - ride TdF climb to Bettex, and 2016 time trial stage from Sallanches to Megeve, return ride to Chamonix
- Wednesday 24th July - from Chamonix to Martigny and return via Emosson Dam
- Thursday 25th July - from Chamonix Romme, Colombiere, Croix Fry, Aravis and back to Chamonix
- Friday 26th July - early Transfer by minibus through Mont Blanc Tunnel to Italy. Ride Col de Petit St Bernard, descend partway and then ride the lower part of the Iseran to meet the junction with the Tignes road to watch the TdF. Return via French side of Petit St Bernard to La Thuile and Courmayeur. (Dinner this evening at your cost in La Thuile or Courmayeur)
- Saturday 27th July - early start minibus transfer to Megeve/Valley Floor and ride Col des Saisies and lower slopes of Cormet de Roseland to watch the TdF. Ride back via Bisanne, Saisies and back to Chamonix (if time allows)
- Sunday 28th July - transfer to GVA for departing flights
On non-Tour de France days we will be climbing approx. 2500M each day and riding around 100km to 140km. On Tour days we will be including a ride to the race and may include roads used on the course, before settling in to watch the Tour de France action.
On non-Tour days we will have van support for those that may need a lift up the final climb.
On all our van transfers you can relax in the knowledge that we are fully licensed and insured to transfer you.
- Transfers to and from Geneva International Airport
- 7 nights accommodation on a twin/triple share basis
- Daily hearty breakfast, to include porridge and cooked option
- Picnic Lunch on most days - some days we may take in a cafe / bakery stop
- Afternoon refreshments on return to the Chalet (non-tdf days) , pasta & or rice salads
- 6 nights meals with wine on a half board basis. One night (Italy days) we will eat in La Thuile or Courmayeur (not included)
- Full Vehicle road support with experienced cycling host
- On-bike host (subject to minimum 5 riders)
- Lots of encouragement on the road and amazing food back at the Chalet
Our home for the week is a stunning Chalet in the village of Les Houches, Chamonix Valley, a charming restored farmhouse retaining many original features, combined with contemporary elements in a light open plan space. Large Hot-Tub plus Sauna available, Bike storage plus washing facilities.
This trip will be run by the BreatheBike team with Jude in-charge of culinary delights and Mike providing support on the road.
This trip starts and finishes at Geneva airport
What's not included;
- Flights to and from Geneva Airport
- Bike hire
Rider Feedback - click here
Am I fit enough? What gearing should we use? We have written a series of articles that may help you in planning your cycling trip in the French Alps and these can be accessed by clicking here
Tariff: from €2200 per person.
To book your place(s) we will request a €300 non-refundable deposit with the remainder due 10 weeks prior to the trip starting.
Have some questions? Contact Mike here email.
Please note this trip is not suitable for non-cycling partners
France +33 450 585672
UK 0161 408 5600
You can also follow us on Facebook for our latest information and news.