Alps Stages of the Tour de France 2020
Tour de France 2020; Ride the Cols, watch the Tour de France - aimed at keen, motivated and experienced cyclists who wish to watch the Tour de France action close up. On non Tour days our rides will include approx 2500m of climbing and Tour days will feature a ride prior to settling in to watch the action.
Ability: Strong riders, able to climb around 700m average per hour
!!!!NOTE YOUR INTEREST!!!! - click here to email
The Tour de France route 2020 will be announced in October however we already know that the race will start in Nice on the 6th July. Rumours of the race route for 2020 will start coming through in the early Autumn however our prediction is that the race will follow a similar format to the 2009 Tour de France which started in Monaco. Based on this we think that the race will head to the Pyrennees in the second week and the Alps in the final week of the race.
The Tour de France 2020 Alps Stages; Join us for an epic stay in the heart of the French Alps, Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley on our Tour de France Experience 2020 alps stages vacation package. On your visit you will ride some classic cols of the Tour de France including the Joux Plane, Colombiere, Aravis, and Ramaz and the 2018 stage on the gravel of the Plateau des Glieres.
Your stay will be at a chalet in the amazing Chamonix region. Chamonix is the Alpine capital under the shadow of Western Europe's highest mountain, Mont-Blanc (4809M).
Outline Schedule subject to date and race route confirmation however based on a likely 3rd week in the Alps.....
- Saturday - Meet GVA airport flights for transfer to Chamonix region. Build bikes, settle into our luxury Chalet
- Sunday - take in Solaison climb (Criterium Dauphine finish 2016), and the Col des Glieres (TdF 2018 gravel road)
- Monday - ride TdF climb to Bettex, and 2016 time trial stage from Sallanches to Megeve, return ride to Chamonix
- Tuesday - from Chamonix region to Martigny and return via Emosson Dam
- Wednesday - from Chamonix region to Romme, Colombiere, Croix Fry, Aravis and back to Chamonix
- Thursday - Race day? Will include ride to the race route to watch the action
- Friday - Race day? Will include ride to the race route to watch the action
- Saturday - transfer to GVA for departing flights
On non-Tour de France days we will be climbing approx. 2500M each day and riding around 100km to 140km. On Tour days we will be including a ride to the race and may include roads used on the course, before settling in to watch the Tour de France action.
On non-Tour days we will have van support for those that may need a lift up the final climb.
On all our van transfers you can relax in the knowledge that we are fully licensed and insured to transfer you.
- Transfers to and from Geneva International Airport
- 7 nights accommodation on a twin/triple share basis
- Daily hearty breakfast, to include porridge and cooked option
- Picnic Lunch on most days - some days we may take in a cafe / bakery stop
- Afternoon refreshments on return to the Chalet (non-tdf days) , pasta & or rice salads
- 6 nights meals with wine on a half board basis. One night (Italy days) we will eat in La Thuile or Courmayeur (not included)
- Full Vehicle road support with experienced cycling host
- On-bike host (subject to minimum 5 riders)
- Lots of encouragement on the road and amazing food back at the Chalet
This trip will be run by the BreatheBike team with Jude in-charge of culinary delights and Mike providing support on the road.
This trip starts and finishes at Geneva airport
What's not included;
- Flights to and from Geneva Airport
- Bike hire
Rider Feedback - click here
Am I fit enough? What gearing should we use? We have written a series of articles that may help you in planning your cycling trip in the French Alps and these can be accessed by clicking here
Tariff: from €2300 per person.
To book your place(s) we will request a €500 non-refundable deposit with the remainder due 10 weeks prior to the trip starting.
Have some questions? Contact Mike here email.
Please note this trip is not suitable for non-cycling partners
France +33 450 585672
UK 0161 408 5600
You can also follow us on Facebook for our latest information and news.