Alps Stages of the Tour de France 2020
Saturday 11th Juy to Saturday 18th July
Tour de France 2020; Ride the Cols, watch the Tour de France - aimed at keen, motivated and experienced cyclists who wish to watch the Tour de France action close up. On non Tour days our rides will include approx 2500m of climbing and Tour days will feature a ride prior to settling in to watch the action.
Ability: Strong riders, able to climb around 700m average per hour
The Tour de France route 2020 sees the race route return to our region visiting the Hors Catergorie Col de la Grand Colombiere and a return to the gravel of Plateau des Glieres.
The Tour de France 2020 Alps Stages; Join us for an epic stay in the heart of the French Alps, in the Chamonix Mont Blanc region on our Tour de France Experience 2020 alps stages vacation package. On your visit you will ride some classic cols of the Tour de France including the Joux Plane, Colombiere, Aravis, and Ramaz.
Your stay will be at a luxury chalet in the Chamonix region under the shadow of Western Europe's highest mountain, Mont-Blanc (4810M).
The tour stages this year allow you to indulge immediately into the TdF action, then challenge yourself on the Cols, with a final dose of Tour action at the end of your stay.
Outline Schedule which can be tailored to your group.....
- Saturday - Meet GVA airport flights for transfer to Chamonix region. Build bikes, settle into our luxury Chalet
- Sunday - TdF race day - morning transfer to the Jura region to watch STAGE 15 Lyon to Grand Colombiere where we will ride to the race route and watch the climax of the stage
- Monday - ride the classic Colombiere Aravis loop (Please note the Colombiere and Grand Colombiere are two different climbs)
- Tuesday - we will climb up through the Chamonix Valley under the glaciers of Mont Blanc and over the Col des Montets to Emosson Dam, scene of the 2016 stage finish
- Wednesday - ride TdF climb to Bettex, and 2016 time trial stage from Sallanches to Megeve
- Thursday - from Chamonix region to Martigny and return via Emosson Dam
- Friday - TdF Race day - Queens Stage 18 - Meribel to La Roche sur Foron - traversing the gravel section of Plateau des Glieres. We will ride to the stage route and climb up to the gravel section to watch the action
- Saturday - transfer to GVA for departing flights
On non-Tour de France days we will be climbing approx. 2500M each day and riding around 100km to 140km. On Tour days we will be including a ride to the race and may include roads used on the course, before settling in to watch the Tour de France action.
On non-Tour days we will have van support for those that may need a lift up the final climb.
On all our van transfers you can relax in the knowledge that we are fully licensed and insured to transfer you.
- Transfers to and from Geneva International Airport
- 7 nights accommodation on a twin/triple share basis
- Daily hearty breakfast, to include porridge and cooked option
- Picnic Lunch on most days - some days we may take in a cafe / bakery stop
- Afternoon refreshments on return to the Chalet (non-tdf days) , pasta & or rice salads
- 6 nights meals with wine on a half board basis. One night will be at a local restaurant (not included in tour price)
- Full Vehicle road support with experienced cycling host
- On-bike host
- Lots of encouragement on the road and amazing food back at the Chalet
This trip will be run by the BreatheBike team with Jude in-charge of culinary delights and Mike providing support on the road.
This trip starts and finishes at Geneva airport
What's not included;
- Flights to and from Geneva Airport
- Bike hire
Rider Feedback - click here
Am I fit enough? What gearing should we use? We have written a series of articles that may help you in planning your cycling trip in the French Alps and these can be accessed by clicking here
Tariff: from €2300 per person.
To book your place(s) we will request a €500 non-refundable deposit with the remainder due 10 weeks prior to the trip starting.
Have some questions? Contact Mike here email.
Please note this trip is not suitable for non-cycling partners
France +33 450 585672
UK 0161 408 5600
You can also follow us on Facebook for our latest information and news.