With the road grafitti still in evidence, coupled with the Tour's traditional fresh tarmac, here's our outline schedule for the week (remember we have full van support each day just in case you are pedaling squares);-
- Saturday Arrive Geneva International Airport for our short inclusive private transfer to Chamonix Mont-Blanc. Build bikes. Hire bikes can be booked prior to arrival. Opportunity for a short shake down ride before dinner. Week briefing and safety overview.
- Sunday Ride from our Chamonix base down into the Sallanches Valley and ride the route of Stage 18 time trial from Sallanches to Megeve in full and compare your time with the pros. Descending back to the Valley floor we then take on the final climb of Stage 19 to St Gervais Bettex. Ride back to Chamonix or jump in broom wagon. 100kms. 3000M ascent.
- Monday Ride from Chamonix heading to Switzerland over the Col des Montets and through the Swiss border before ascending the Col de la Forclaz and descend to the Roman garison town of Martigny. Then its the climb back up the other side of the Forclaz and onto the brutal climb of Emosson Dam, the final 2 climbs of Tdf Stage 16 2016. 108km 4000M ascent (some options)
- Tuesday Descend from Chamonix Valley and take an alernative route to Megeve and onto the Col des Saisies, descending into Beaufort before ascending the Col de Bisanne (TdF 2016 stage 19), and back through Saisies village. 150KM 3900M ascent.
- Wednesday day off to explore Chamonix. Dinner this evening in Chamonix town at a restaurant of your choice.
- Thursday Our Queens stage riding the entire route of TdF Stage 20. 146km, over 4 mountain passes, the Aravis, Colombiere and then the HC Ramaz and Joux Plane and the breathtaking descent into Morzine 140kms, 4000M ascent. Van transfer back to Chamonix
- Friday A more relaxing day as our finale! Drop down into the Sallanches valley and climb the Col des Arraches for the obligatory cake stop and then descend back through Cluses and a final blast up the steep Col de Romme both used in the 2009 Tour de France. 123km 2900M ascent
- Saturday Private Transfers to Geneva Airport for flights leaving lunchtime onwards